We all love our Portacabin… but happily, we now have funding to build phase one of our permanent shop!!!!
Donations are still very welcome!
Building begins on September 18th and by next year Alfrick Community Shop…
…will have a new Home!
- As the existing Shop is in a temporary building, and Planning permission is therefore temporary, it is essential to build a permanent Shop.
- The Village Hall Committee on behalf of the Village Hall Trust have agreed to provide an area of the car park , available on a 99 year lease, on which to build the bigger permanent building.
- This land is alongside the existing Portacabin, which will eventually be removed (see plan).
- The new building will house the Shop, Post Office, & Cafe with kitchen and toilet facilities plus a Store room .
- It is hoped there will be sufficient funding to make a secure garden area with seating and facilities for our community and visitors.