Our Community values
We pride ourselves on being one of the main community hubs in Alfrick and surrounding villages and try our best to enhance the social side of village life for everyone.
It was an important condition of the success of our funding from Power 4 Change that we should benefit the community as much as possible and we take this seriously.
- Being friendly, respectful and welcoming to each other, our customers and volunteers.
- Being socially inclusive and reaching out to everyone in the community, especially those who are isolated, lonely or struggling in any way.
- Organising and supporting community events to reinforce a sense of belonging in our community.
- Being dementia friendly.
- Being child/family-friendly.
- Supporting the wider community (e.g. we are a collection point for a local food bank).
What’s on offer?
We are delighted to say that the cafe has again become the social hub we always wanted it to be. Fingers-crossed, it will stay that way.
An attractive, bright, and friendly space, perfect as a meeting place for fun, company, or work, with free WiFi and delicious freshly-made food and barista machine coffee.
Regular social groups
Knit and Natter
Regular informal afternoon sessions for knitting, sewing, or “crafting” together with like-minded people.
Monday afternoon Cuppa, Cake and Chat
Relaxed, welcoming sessions for anyone who wants some company, always hosted by at least 2 shop volunteers to encourage conversation and inclusion.
Other community events
Other events such as afternoon tea-parties, carol singing, evening suppers, etc.
For more information, consider getting in contact.
Our Social Responsibilities
We aim to support the wider community as well as local causes by regularly collecting for various charities through the sale of raffle tickets and book exchanges.
Worcester Food Bank
We are now recognised as a drop-off point for the Worcester Food Bank in partnership with the local churches of the Parish. We are delighted that we can help make a difference to families who are struggling and we are grateful for the community’s generosity.
We also support other appeals as the need arises, such as:
- Toiletries for Afghan Refugees (from September to October 2021). We are most grateful for the community’s generosity in donating supplies.