Our Community values
We pride ourselves on being one of the main community hubs in Alfrick and surrounding villages, and try our best to enhance the social side of village life for everyone.
It was an important condition of the success of our funding from Power 4 Change that we should benefit the community as much as possible and we take this seriously.
- Being friendly, respectful and welcome to each other, our customers and volunteers.
- Being socially inclusive and reaching out to everyone in the community, especially those who are isolated, lonely or struggling in any way.
- Organising and supporting community events to reinforce a sense of belonging in our community.
- Being dementia friendly.
- Being child/family friendly.
- Supporting the wider community (e.g. we are a collection point for a local food bank).
What’s on offer?
COVID-19 Notice: Due to the current situation, the services mentioned below will sadly not be available until further notice.
An attractive, bright and friendly space, perfect as a meeting place for fun, company or work, with free WiFi and delicious freshly-made food and barista machine coffee.
Regular social groups
Knit and Natter
Fortnightly informal afternoon sessions for knitting, sewing or “crafting” together with like-minded people.
Monday afternoon Cuppa and Chat
Relaxed, welcoming sessions for anyone who wants some company, always hosted by at least 2 shop volunteers to encourage conversation and inclusion.
Regular community events
Other events such as afternoon tea-parties, carol singing, evening suppers, etc.
Our Social Responsibilities
We aim to support the wider community as well as local causes.
Worcester Food Bank
We are now recognised as a drop-off point for the Worcester Food Bank in partnership with the local churches of the Parish.