Our Community values
We pride ourselves on being one of the main community hubs in Alfrick and surrounding villages and try our best to enhance the social side of village life for everyone.
It was an important condition of the success of our funding from Power 4 Change that we should benefit the community as much as possible and we take this seriously.
- Being friendly, respectful and welcoming to each other, our customers and volunteers.
- Being socially inclusive and reaching out to everyone in the community, especially those who are isolated, lonely or struggling in any way.
- Organising and supporting community events to reinforce a sense of belonging in our community.
- Being dementia friendly.
- Being child/family-friendly.
- Supporting the wider community (e.g. we are a collection point for a local food bank).
What’s on offer?
We are delighted to say that the cafe has again become the social hub we always wanted it to be. Fingers-crossed, it will stay that way.
An attractive, bright, and friendly space, perfect as a meeting place for fun, company, or work, with free WiFi and delicious freshly-made food and barista machine coffee.
Regular social groups
Knit and Natter
Regular informal afternoon sessions for knitting, sewing, or “crafting” together with like-minded people.
Monday afternoon Tea and Chat
Relaxed, welcoming sessions for anyone who wants some company, always hosted by at least 2 shop volunteers to encourage conversation and inclusion.
Other community events
Other events such as afternoon tea-parties, carol singing, evening suppers, etc.
For more information, consider getting in contact.
Our Social and Civic Responsibilities
We aim to support the wider community as well as local causes by regularly collecting for various charities through the sale of raffle tickets and book exchanges.
Worcester Food Bank
We are now recognised as a drop-off point for the Worcester Food Bank which we support in a variety of ways, in partnership with the local churches of the Parish. We are delighted that we can help make a difference to families who are struggling and we are grateful for the community’s generosity.
We also support other appeals as the need arises, such as:
- Supporting local refugees and asylum seekers with clothes and toiletries collections. We are most grateful for the community’s generosity in donating supplies.
Public and Community Services
We support many civic, health and social “services” through regular Surgeries in the cafe. These include West Mercia Police ‘Cuppa with a Copper’, monthly on Wednesdays; Citizen’s Advice, weekly on Friday mornings; Age UK Community Outreach advisors, first Wednesday of each month, (while an Age UK podiatrist holds a foot clinic in the Village Hall). These days are subject to change, so please check with the shop first before attending.
- Walkers Welcome
- Cyclists Welcome
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Free WiFi
- Dog Bowl